Monday 3 November 2014

Liberty Hexagons - Triples

I broke my one-project-at-a-time rule.  The red white and blue EPP is not finished - I will get around to putting the sandwich together this week.  Maybe I was missing hand piecing - anyway,  I started this little project.  

The hexies are quite small.  Putting three together makes it look less fussy I think.  Each hexie triple takes a tiny amount of fabric, so I'm glad I kept all my Liberty scraps.


This piece may end up in a second experimental zip around purse, so it does not need to get much bigger.  The first botched job is here.  

I was pleased to see on Instagram that Jessica is planning to start her Monday EPP link-up today over at Life Under Quilts.  I love instagram, but you can't do a link-up there.  I'm looking forward to seeing what others have been up to.

11 comments:

  1. I love your hexie triples! I need a project with small hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The triple hexi is a great idea, it really makes each fabric pop. I absolutely adore Liberty fabrics, I wish they were easier to come by where I live. Can't wait to see the finished piece. ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. rules are made to be broken. The liberty prints are so pretty and look great as little hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your triple hexes too. Just how small are these hexes? Unless that bear is really big they much be incredibly small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sides are about 3/8 of an inch across. It's not a problem with a thin fabric like lawn. Glad you like them!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful fabrics! I need to make myself a guilt-on-the-go bag, I hope I can come up with one a nice as this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute cute! I love your tiny project and teddy bear! I still haven't gigured out how to post any of my work on this site. One day..... Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have had Miss Ted since I was 5.

      Delete
  7. oooo your fabrics and tiny hexies are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and encouragement, and will reply by email unless you are a "no reply blogger". Thank you.