Monday 23 June 2014

Week 12 EPP- Mitsubishi Star

OK.
I've decided to turn my EPP pieces into a quilt made of 12 inch blocks.  The really busy small scale patchwork blocks will be separated by plain blue blocks or star blocks.  I've started collecting star block designs on a pinterest board as I will need five of them.  


This week I started on the first star block.  The plan is to appliqué the star on to a plain blue square.  

I'm calling this one Mitsubishi Star (if it needs a name) because it started with this triangle and diamond shape.


Japanese symbols are a good source of inspiration.

I think I should use cotton batting because I may decide to QAYG it. So I will need to iron the beast to within an inch of its life as I join the blocks together.  Man-made wadding would just melt (ask me how I know).

I will be linking up with Jessica's Monday Star Count over at Life Under Quilts.  Would be interested to hear thoughts on the best way to quilt small scale EPP work without too much cursing, broken machine needles or scarred finger ends.



4 comments:

  1. Oh I love that star! I might have to incorporate a similar one in my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful star.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous star! Your blocks are all amazing, it will be an incredible quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving watching your blocks appear like magic. Your photography is gasp worthy.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and encouragement, and will reply by email unless you are a "no reply blogger". Thank you.