Saturday 14 June 2014

Week 11 EPP - at last, a hexagon.



I could not do an English Paper Piecing project without hexagons, could I?  But I had to mess about with them.


It might make a good medallion for the middle of a quilt if the edge wasn't so aggressive and sharp looking.   

The hexagon is probably the most popular shape used in this kind of piecing, but it took me a while to decide on this design.  It was days before I worked out that you can combine any size hexagon and any size triangle and they will fit together.  




The current plan is to get this piece to a bit bigger than 12 inches across and then square it off. I'll use my least favourite fabrics for the edge - don't like chopping off my favourites.




I now have nine pieces of various designs and sizes.  When I run out of ideas for different designs....what happens next?  I have bought too many supplies to stop now enough supplies to do a bit more...



Linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts, of course.

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic your hexagon medallion.
    I 'm looking forward to the quilt.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your EPP. Can not say what is my favorite. All so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the triangles set off from edge of hexagon

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are brilliant Dittany, I love the offset triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching your progress on these 9 pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My eyes! My beautiful eyes! My god, woman, what are you doing to our wonderful home ..... already the cats daren't doze on any of these trompe l'oeil masterpieces for fear of falling, and I get dizzy approaching any of the sofas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how great! I am amazed at the offset triangle-hexagon pattern. Truly amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love! These pieces are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the low volume fabric you are using in your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the combination of hexagons and triangles. Your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I loved how you stuck that giant DeWalt saw blade in there... and laughed again when I realized the resemblance to your piece. too funny. And.. amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is my favorite! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very talented! What a lot of work! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love all the designs you are trying out and your color palette is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and encouragement, and will reply by email unless you are a "no reply blogger". Thank you.