Thursday 19 September 2013

Knitting Season

Is it time for knitting season to start yet?  

There is a chill in the air and I am ignoring demands for the central heating to be put on.  And suddenly it is properly dark at 8 pm.  Could this be the year I will finish the second Sanquhar glove? And find the first one, knitted 6 years ago?

Knitting somehow belongs to Autumn and Winter, and sewing to Spring and Summer.  Sewing, at least with the machine, has to be done indoors.  In the winter it seems illogical to shut yourself away with the machine and the iron and the cutting board while the rest of the family is downstairs watching a film. 

But wait, what about hand sewing?  That can be portable.  This year I have seen so many little bags, boxes and ideas to organise portable patchwork. Here are some:





I can't promise that I won't be knitting this winter. But when the heating goes on, this little tin will be by my chair under the light, so I will always have some patchwork close at hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and encouragement, and will reply by email unless you are a "no reply blogger". Thank you.